Who do I contact for more information about the production model?
At this stage, the information, technical specification and imagery currently on our website represent both the Audi e-tron quattro concept car and the Audi e-tron prototype and may not reflect the final production vehicle. As soon as more information about the production model becomes available, we’ll update the pages.
In the meantime, if you’d like to know more about the deposit process please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0800 049 7101.
What are the pricing and specification details of the production model?
At this stage, the information, technical specification and imagery currently on our website represent both the Audi e-tron quattro concept car and the Audi e-tron prototype and may not reflect the final production vehicle. As soon as more information about the e-tron production model becomes available, we’ll update the pages and notify you, if you have made a deposit or registered your interest.
What is the e-tron’s range on a single battery charge?
The range of the Audi e-tron prototype car is over 245 miles on a single charge. Further technical detail about the final production vehicle will be available closer to the open for order date.
What is the e-tron's charge time?
The Audi e-tron prototype car is capable of up to 150kW DC charging, which achieves a 100% charge in around 50 minutes and 80% charge in under 30 minutes. Technical information about the final production vehicle will be available closer to the ordering date, but charging times will be dependent upon the charge point and cables used.
What factors affect the vehicle's range?
Many factors can affect the range including: the environment, the weather, the weight being carried, the aerodynamics, tyre pressure, rolling resistance - and the style in which the vehicle is being driven.
Is there a difference between home charging and public charging points?
Home charging is done with chargers specifically designed for your home using a domestic, 240V AC power supply. Most UK homes have single phase power, which tends to charge at speeds of 3-7 kW. Some homes that have 3-phase capabilities (i.e. additional power cables installed), can have faster, 11-22kW chargers installed at home. Our recommended home wall box provider is Pod Point; there are various other, 3rd party suppliers to choose from.
The charging speed of public chargers varies from slower AC chargers to high-voltage, rapid DC chargers. In the UK, a number of rapid DC chargers are capable of 20-50kW charging; these tend to be situated along motorways and in petrol stations. Future DC chargers are planned for the UK that can deliver 150-350kW charging.
Is the e-tron compatible with rapid chargers?
The Audi e-tron prototype is compatible with the majority of public DC rapid chargers. It uses the CSS charging plug, the most commonly available plug in Europe. Technical information about the final production vehicle will be available closer to the ordering date.
What does my deposit entitle me to?
Placing a deposit also gives you access to e-tron exclusive offers. What’s more, it automatically enters you into prize draws, depending on when your deposit was placed, to win tickets to exclusive Audi events where either the Audi e-tron quattro concept car, prototype or production model will be on show. For example, the first members of the Priority Order group were given the chance to win tickets to the renowned Audi Polo Challenge 2018, which took place on Sunday 1st July at Ascot.
How will I know the deposit has been taken?
If you place a deposit via audi.co.uk, you’ll see a confirmation message, followed up by confirmation email. This will provide you with your Unique Reference Number. If you place a deposit at an Audi Centre, you’ll receive receipt for your deposit, along with your Unique Reference Number.
Does placing a deposit constitute a contract of sale, or am I able to cancel?
Placing a deposit does not constitute a contractual sale. You have the right to withdraw your deposit at any time, prior to any subsequent binding order for the purchase of the production vehicle. However, a refunded deposit ends any rights to access to the priority order window.
Is there a time limit on placing a deposit?
We’re planning to keep the early deposit system open until the priority order window opens ahead of going on sale to the public in late 2018. However, Audi UK has the right to withdraw the deposit system at any time.
Who can I contact regarding the deposit process?
For enquiries about the early deposit process for the Audi e-tron, please email email@example.com or call 0800 049 7101
How do I place an order after I’ve paid the deposit?
You will be able to place your order at your preferred Audi Centre once the priority order window has opened.
When will I be able to place my order for the production model?
Providing you have made a deposit for access to the priority window, you will be able to place an order when the priority order window opens, which will remain open for a minimum of 2 weeks. We will notify you in advance when the priority order window opens and closes. Once the priority order window closes, Audi Centres will be able to accept orders from both depositors and the general public.
How will I know when I’m able to place an order?
We will send regular updates to everyone who has made a deposit; we’ll advise in advance of the priority order window opening.
Will the specification be fully confirmed at the point of placing the order?
As details of the production model are still being finalised, the full specification won’t be available at the point of placing a deposit. Full specification – and the opportunity to configure yours – will be available when the car becomes available to order.
When will the first vehicles be delivered?
The first deliveries of the production model are expected to be made in early 2019.
When will I be able to place an order if I haven’t placed a deposit in advance?
Placing a deposit now gives you access to the priority order window, which is in advance of the general Open for Order date. Without placing a deposit, you will need to wait until the priority order window has closed before you can order the vehicle.
Is there an incentive to place a deposit now?
If you place your deposit by 31st May 2018, you will automatically be entered into a free prize draw to win one of 10 pairs of tickets to the Audi Polo Challenge taking place at Ascot on Sunday 1st July, 2018. Find out more here.
What does the Audi Polo Challenge prize consist of?
10 winners of the prize draw will receive 2 tickets each to the prestigious Audi Polo Challenge, taking place on Sunday 1st July, 2018. During a Champagne Afternoon Tea, you will have field-side seats to a premier game of Polo, played by top English professionals. Afterwards, a sit-down dinner by a Michelin Star Chef awaits, followed by first-rate evening entertainment. The e-tron quattro concept car will also be at the event for winners and guests to inspect. And, if you live within a 3-hour radius of Ascot, an Audi Chauffeur will drive you there and back. Full terms and conditions can be found in the depositor prize draw section below.
How do I cancel my deposit and get a refund?
You have the right to withdraw your deposit at any time, prior to any subsequent binding order for the purchase of a production vehicle. A refunded deposit ends any rights to access to the priority order window.
If you have placed your deposit via audi.co.uk, you can contact Audi Customer services on 0800 049 7101 or via firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have placed your deposit with an Audi Centre, you will need to contact the Centre directly to request a refund.
How long will the deposit refund take to appear in my bank?
Once the refund has been processed, deposits placed online will take 3-5 working days to appear in your account; please allow up to 7 days in total. For Centre deposits, customers should refer to the terms and conditions of their Audi Centre.
I placed my deposit with a Centre, how do I get a refund?
In this case, you should request your refund directly with the Centre. You have the right to withdraw your deposit at any time, prior to any subsequent binding order for the purchase of a production vehicle. Please note that a refunded deposit ends any rights to access the priority order window.
What if I live outside the UK?
For customers living outside the UK please contact email@example.com or call 0800 049 7101.
What are the financial advantages of an electric vehicle?
In addition to the environmental benefits of zero emissions and helping to improve air quality, an electric vehicle has many cost advantages.
The cost of running an electric vehicle is significantly lower than a combustion-powered car. At an average of 14p per kWh, electricity is cheaper than petrol or diesel; according to the Energy Saving Trust, that equates to 2-3p per mile, compared to 15p per mile for the average petrol car.
There are also some tax benefits, like low Vehicle Excise Duty for personal-use drivers and lower BIK for company car drivers. In addition, various government and local government incentives* are available to encourage electric vehicles, such as the Plug-in Grant Scheme, which currently offers up to £4,500 towards a new electric vehicle. Electric vehicles are exempt from congestion charging, and in some areas have free use of bus lanes and can park free in many public car parks.
*For local electric vehicle incentives, please enquire with your local council. Please note that local and national government has the right to withdraw or amend the scheme at any time.
What is an electric vehicle like to drive?
Electric vehicles are very quiet, smooth and comfortable to drive; and with the Audi e-tron prototype delivering up to 561Nm of torque (664Nm in boost mode), you’ll see that they also offer powerful acceleration.
Are there any drawbacks of owning an electric vehicle?
Some people worry about the mileage range of electric vehicles and about the infrastructure for charging batteries. The Audi e-tron prototype has a range of over 245 miles on a single, full charge, ample for longer journeys.Owners of electric vehicles commonly charge the battery to 100% at home overnight and top-up while parked during the day if necessary – a bit like charging a mobile phone. Anecdotally, many electric vehicle owners report they love that they very seldom have to go to a fuel station to fill up.
The charging infrastructure varies across the UK. Today, there are over 14,000 public charging points in the UK is growing day-by-day. Some industry forecasts say that, by 2020, there will be more charging stations than petrol stations - and many petrol stations are already installing electric charging points. Numerous apps and websites offer maps and locations of local public charging points across the UK.
These terms ('Terms') apply to you when you pay a deposit online at audi.co.uk ('Site') to access the e-tron priority ordering window ('Priority Ordering Window'). The terms and conditions at https://www.audi.co.uk/footer/secondary/terms-and-conditions.html ("AudiStore Terms") also apply to you, except where they are varied by these Terms.
Please read these Terms and the AudiStore Terms carefully before you:
These Terms tell you who we are, the details of the Priority Ordering Window you will gain access to when you pay a deposit, how to cancel your access to the Priority Ordering Window and ask for a refund of your deposit and other important information. In particular, please read the terms relating to the limitations of our liability to you. We recommend that you print or save a copy of these Terms and the AudiStore Terms for future reference.
By placing an order to access the Priority Ordering Window or paying your deposit, you confirm that you accept and will comply with these Terms and the AudiStore Terms.
If you wish to pay a deposit in person, then please see section 8 below and consult your local Audi Centre for further information.
1. Who We Are
1.1 This Priority Ordering Window scheme is operated by Audi UK, a trading division of Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited ('we', 'our' or 'us', as applicable). Please see section 26 of the AudiStore Terms for additional legal and company information about us.
2. Priority Ordering Window
2.1 By paying a deposit and concluding a contract for access to the Priority Ordering Window, you will benefit from access to a priority ordering window for the production vehicle ('the production vehicle') which is developed from the e-tron quattro concept car and prototype models.
2.2 Please note that an order for access to the Priority Ordering Window is not an order to purchase the production vehicle.
2.3 Paying a deposit and securing access to the Priority Ordering Window in accordance with these Terms does not constitute a contractual sale of or order for the production vehicle and does not guarantee priority in production slots or delivery dates (as production slots and delivery dates will depend on multiple factors, including the customer's selection of options).
2.4 Please see section 9 below for more information on the ordering process for the production vehicle.
2.5 Customers who pay a deposit and secure access to the Priority Ordering Window under these Terms ('Customers') will be kept up-to-date with the latest e-tron news and closer to the Priority Ordering Window opening, they will be informed of recommended pricing and specification information for the production vehicle.
2.6 Customers will be kept informed of the dates of the Priority Ordering Window. If you pay a deposit and are granted access to the Priority Ordering Window under these Terms, then it is your responsibility to place an order for the final production vehicle during the period of the Priority Ordering Window. Only Customers who place orders during this window will have priority on ordering before the general public.
3.1 UK consumers aged 18+ are eligible to pay a deposit and access the Priority Ordering Window under these Terms.
4. Concept Car and Prototype
4.1 Until such time as we notify you otherwise, the information, technical specification and imagery used on audi.co.uk and in communications (including the e-tron name) represent the e-tron quattro concept and prototype models and may not reflect the final production vehicle.
4.2 Customers placing an order for access to the Priority Ordering Window and paying a deposit will be provided with production vehicle name, images, recommended 'On The Road' pricing, equipment and technical specification prior to the opening of the Priority Ordering Window.
4.3 The final production model is the car that customers will buy through a signed purchase agreement (see section 9 below)
5.1 A deposit payment of £1000 is required for access to the Priority Ordering Window. If you go on to order the final production vehicle during the Priority Ordering Window then this deposit payment will be deducted from the final purchase price under the purchase agreement see section 9 below. If you do not go on to purchase the final production vehicle then the deposit payment will be refunded to you in accordance with section 7 below. You can also request a refund of your deposit payment at any time before entering into a binding purchase agreement for the final production vehicle – see section 7 below
5.2 A deposit can be paid online at audi.co.uk. A deposit becomes valid when funds have cleared.
5.3 You may also be able to pay a deposit in person at a vehicle dealer within the Audi authorised network ('Audi Centre') – please see section 8 below and consult your local Audi Centre for further information, including the applicable terms and conditions.
6. Placing an Order for Access to the Priority Ordering Window
6.1 You can order access to the Priority Ordering Window and pay your deposit at www.audi.co.uk/etron
6.2 Your order is an offer to secure access to the Priority Ordering Window from us. When you place an order, the following steps have to be taken before a contract to grant you access to the Priority Ordering Window is made between you and us:
(a) Ordering. After choosing the 'e-tron Priority Ordering Access' as the product you wish to purchase and creating and/or signing into your account, press the 'Secure Payment' button at the end of the check-out process and submit your payment details to us to pay your deposit and place your order for access to the Priority Ordering Window;
(b) Reviewing order. Before clicking the Secure Payment button please review all information is correct and if necessary, correct any errors in your order information. Please take the time to read and check your order at each page of the order process.
(c) Accepting our terms. You will be asked to click to confirm that you accept these Terms and the AudiStore Terms. If you do not wish to be bound by what you read, you should not place any orders through the Site.
(d) Acknowledgement of your order. Once you have submitted your order details, you will see an on-screen acknowledgement that your order for access to the Priority Ordering Window has been placed in the 'Order History' area of your account. You will receive a receipt for your payment and an acknowledgement of your order by email. However, please note that this does not mean that your order has been accepted. Our acceptance of your order will take place as described in paragraph e).
(e ) Our acceptance of your order. We will confirm our acceptance of your order to you by sending you an email that confirms that you have ordered access to the Priority Ordering Window ('Order Confirmation'), unless we notify you that we do not accept your order (see section 6.3 below). The contract between us giving you access to the Priority Ordering Window will only be formed when we send you the Order Confirmation. For registered users we keep a record of the orders that you place with us in the 'My Orders' area, which you can view by logging-in to your account.
6.3 If we cannot accept your order. If we are unable to supply you with access to the Priority Ordering Window, for example because the funds for your deposit do not clear, the Priority Ordering Window is no longer available or this scheme has been cancelled or because of an error in the deposit price on our Site, we will inform you of this by email and we will not process your order. If you have already paid your deposit, we will refund you the full amount as soon as possible, by the same method in which the payment was originally made.
6.4 Reference number. When you pay a deposit and we (or the applicable Audi Centre) confirm your access to the Priority Ordering Window, we (or the applicable Audi Centre) will issue you with a unique e-tron ordering priority reference number. You will need this number to place an order for the production vehicle during the Priority Ordering Window. The unique e-tron priority ordering reference number is personal to you and is not transferable to any other party in any circumstances unless approved by Audi UK.
7. Online Deposit Refunds
7.1 You can cancel your access to the Priority Ordering Window and request a refund of your online deposit at any time prior to any subsequent binding order for the purchase of a production vehicle.
7.2 Where you have not made a binding order for the purchase of a production vehicle, we will fully refund an online deposit at any time upon a request made to Audi Customer Services. Please telephone 0800 049 7101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
7.3 Refunds will take up to 7 working days to be processed by our processing partner. A confirmation email will be sent to you to confirm the refund. Refunds will be made by the payment method and to the card or other instrument which you used to pay the deposit.
7.4 A refunded deposit ends any rights to access to the Priority Ordering Window.
7.5 After the Priority Ordering Window has closed, we will refund the deposits paid online in accordance with these Terms by customers who paid a deposit but did not place a binding order for an the production vehicle during the Priority Ordering Window. Refunds will be made within 90 days of the date on which the Priority Ordering Window ends and will be made by the payment method and to the card or other instrument which you used to pay the deposit.
8. Audi Centre Deposit (not online)
8.2 The Audi Centre may seek reservation fees/deposits in accordance with their sales procedures and own terms and conditions. This will be up to a recommended maximum deposit of £1,000. This deposit amount will be deducted from the final purchase order agreement amount as agreed with the Audi Centre.
8.3 Audi UK is unable to refund deposits which have been placed via an Audi Centre; the customer must request this from the Audi Centre who took the deposit.
9. Production Vehicle Order and Purchase Agreement
9.1 Customers will be contacted with the dates when the Priority Ordering Window will be open. If you have secured access to the Priority Ordering Window and paid a deposit under these Terms, then you will be able to place an order with an Audi Centre for the production vehicle from the opening of the Priority Ordering Window, regardless of when you paid your deposit. Confirmation of your order for the production vehicle will be when the final purchase agreement is signed.
9.2 The agreement for the purchase of an Audi vehicle is not concluded on the Site, as you will need to visit the applicable Audi Centre to enter into the relevant agreement(s) to purchase the vehicle. An Audi Centre representative will provide and discuss with you the terms of the contract for the purchase of the vehicle and, if you decide to proceed with the purchase, the contract will be entered into with the Audi Centre (and not with us).
9.3 The first customer deliveries of the production model are currently expected to begin in early 2019 (subject to change). Time of delivery may be decided by different factors, such as, geographical area of delivery, requested car equipment and its corresponding time of production. Therefore, the time of delivery may not correspond to the time of your deposit – customers will be advised of likely lead times by the applicable Audi Centre on placing their order for the production vehicle. After placing an order customers will be updated on the progress of their vehicle by their Audi Centre.
9.4 Customers who have paid a deposit and secured access to the Priority Ordering Window will be kept informed as more information becomes available.
9.5 For order and delivery, we reserve the right to assign you to a specialist Audi Centre which may differ from your preferred Audi Centre.
10. Termination of the Priority Ordering Window/Deposit Payment Scheme
10.1 We may close the Priority Ordering Window access/deposit scheme to new applicants at any time. We will endeavour to provide 7 days’ notice on the Site before doing so.
10.2 We may terminate the Priority Ordering Window access/deposit scheme at any time, including without limitation if the vehicle does not go into production as scheduled for any reason. In such circumstances, we will refund all deposits paid by the payment method and to the card or other instrument which was used to pay the deposit.
11 Changes to these Terms
11.1 We may change these Terms at any time by providing notice on the Site and by email to customers who have paid a deposit. You are advised to check regularly for any such notices. If you do not agree with such changes, you may cancel your access to the Priority Ordering Window at any time and receive a refund of your deposit in accordance with section 7 above
12 Limitations and Exclusions of Liability
12.1 Please refer to paragraph 12 of the AudiStore Terms You should read this carefully as it sets out details of when we may be liable, and when we will not be liable, to you for breach of these Terms. The Priority Ordering Window is a 'Product' for the purposes of the AudiStore Terms.
13. AudiStore Terms
13.1 Please review and confirm you agree to the AudiStore Terms https://www.audi.co.uk/footer/secondary/terms-and-conditions.html before placing an order for access to the Priority Ordering Window or paying your deposit, as they will apply to your order. Please, in particular but without limitation, review:
(a) Sections A and C in relation to your use of the Site;
(b) Section B in relation to your use of any tools on the Site;
(c) Paragraphs 11.1, 11.2, 11.6, 11.8, 11.21.1, 11.21.2, 11.21.3 and 11.24 regarding your order for access to the Priority Ordering Window and deposit payment (please note that the Priority Ordering Window is deemed to be a 'Product' for these purposes and the remainder of paragraph 11 will not apply);
(d) Paragraph 12 in relation to our liability to you; and
(e) Paragraphs 24, 25 and 26 which include other important terms regarding your contract with us for access to the Priority Ordering Window.
14. Prize promotions
14.1 Customers who secure access to the Priority Ordering Window and pay a deposit may be automatically entered into one or more prize draws, depending on when the deposit is placed, for the chance to win tickets to exclusive Audi events, where either the Audi e-tron quattro concept car , prototype or production vehicle will be showcased – full terms and conditions can be found here. If you do not wish to receive this information then please 'unsubscribe' from the relevant email.
15.2 However, please note that if you pay a deposit to secure access to the Priority Ordering Window under these Terms, we will need to send you regular updates and information about the production vehicle and the Priority Ordering Window, whether or not you have opted into marketing permissions. If you do not wish to receive this information then you can contact us by telephone on 0800 049 7101 or by email at email@example.com but we will need to terminate your access to the Priority Ordering Window and refund your deposit.
15.3 In addition to the information described in section 15.2 we will also send customers who secure access to the Priority Ordering Window and pay a deposit information about the prize promotions referred to in section 14.1 of the Terms. If you do not wish to receive this information then please 'unsubscribe' from the relevant email and we will not send you further information about prize promotions for the Audi e-tron quattro concept car, prototype or the production vehicle. Please note that, even if you unsubscribe from these further mails about prize promotions, we will still need to send you regular updates about the production vehicle and the Priority Ordering Window unless you cancel your access to the Priority Ordering Window – see section 15.2.
By placing an e-tron deposit (online or via an Audi Centre) you will automatically be entered to e-tron depositor prize draws and agree to be bound by the following terms and conditions:
1. Entries must have placed an e-tron priority order deposit either online or with an Audi Centre before each draw closing date. Details of the draws will be communicated on co.uk as well as via email to customers who have placed a deposit from 8th March 2018 until the priority order window opens.
2. Open to all United Kingdom residents over the age of 18 years. Only one entry per person. Multiple entries or entries made through agents, third parties, organised groups or any entry duplication method will not be accepted.
3. Offer not open to employees of Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited, their agents or contractors, Volkswagen Group brand retailers and anyone else connected with the promotion.
4. There will be various prizes draws depending on the date on when the deposit is placed. The first prize draw applies to deposits placed from the 8th March 2018 to the 31st May 2018. The prize of this draw is for a pair of tickets to the prestigious Audi Polo Challenge on Sunday 1st July 2018. There will be 10 prize draw winners. The draw will take place Friday 8th June 2018 and winners will be drawn at random by Audi UK. Other e-tron prize draws and exclusive offers will be communicated throughout 2018 on audi.co.uk once the details have been finalised. We will also communicate via email to customers who have placed an e-tron priority order deposit. In such circumstances we reserve the right to amend these prize draw terms and conditions and will notify customers in email and on audi.co.uk.
5. For the first prize draw prize to the prestigious Audi Polo Challenge on Sunday 1st July 2018 this will be held in Ascot. The programme will include: a champagne afternoon tea whilst spectating a high-level game of polo featuring top England professionals; a sit-down dinner by a Michelin star chef, and first-rate evening entertainment. Winners and their guest will also get to see a special preview of the Audi e-tron quattro concept car. All guests who live within a 3 hour radius of Ascot will be chauffeured to and from the Audi Polo Challenge. Costs getting to the event outside a 3 hour radius will not be covered. The winners and their guest must be available to attend on the above date. This competition is now closed as of 31st May 2018, please click here for further information.
6. The first prize draw (Audi Polo Challenge 2018) prize excludes spending money, personal insurance or any other costs not specifically mentioned.
7. The winners will be drawn at random from all valid entries received, and shall be notified by telephone. If a prize is unclaimed after reasonable efforts have been made to contact the winner, the Promoter will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it sees fit without any liability to the winner for having done so.
8. Winning entrants and their guest may be required to produce a valid form of government issued photo ID on request by the Promoter.
9. The Promoter’s decision is final.
10. In the event that the same entrant’s name is drawn for a second or third Prize, another entrant’s name will be drawn until a different entrant’s name is chosen.
11. The winners and their guest must be 18 years old or over.
12. It is the responsibility of the winner to inform the Prize Provider of any dietary requirements, wheelchair or similar access requirements for the winner and/or their guest when taking up the Prize, and to adhere to any applicable health and safety guidelines.
13. The prize is non-transferable and non-refundable.
14. There is no cash alternative.
15. The Promoter reserves its right to substitute any prize with a prize of equivalent value in the event of circumstances outside of its control.
16. The Promoter reserves its right (but is not obliged) to substitute any Prize for a prize of equivalent or greater value in the event of circumstances that make this necessary.
17. The Promoter reserves the right to alter, amend, foreclose or withdraw the promotion and/or the terms and conditions of entry at any time and without prior notice.
18. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrants it believes not to be participating within the spirit of the promotion or suspects of participating in any unfair or unjust behaviour. The Promoter reserves the right to use its discretion in all respects and to enforce any penalty or sanction it deems appropriate.
19. The winner may be required to take part in non-paid publicity or advertising relating to the Competition, which may include having their photograph taken for promotional or press purposes.
20. By submitting their entry, an entrant assigns all rights in and to intellectual property contained within their entry and in whatever form, including but not limited to within any: idea; concept; invention; improvement; text; design or image and the entrant shall provide the Promoter with all reasonable assistance to effect the proper assignment of such rights and intellectual property.
21. The Promoter reserves the right to feature the name, photograph and location of the prize winner and their guests (if applicable) in any future marketing materials, website publications, promotions and/or prize draws.
22. To qualify entrants must have placed an e-tron deposit online or via an Audi dealership.
23. If you cancel your deposit before the 1st July when the event takes place you will no longer be eligible for the prize draw and your entry will not be valid.
24. If you do not wish to be entered into the prize draws you can contact us by telephone on 0800 049 7101 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org but we will need to terminate your access to the Priority Ordering Window and refund your deposit.
25. Promotion not available in Northern Ireland.
26. Entrants will also need to provide a valid email address and/or contact telephone number at time of deposit taken to be eligible.
27. If there is a conflict in the terms conditions to this prize draw with any other terms whatsoever attached to any other advertising material in respect of this draw, these conditions will apply.
28. Promoter: Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited of Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes MK14 5AN.
29. The Competition and these terms and conditions (including any non-contractual disputes or claims arising out of them) are subject to English law and any disputes or claims must be referred to the English courts.
30. Your personal data will be held by Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited (the "Promoter") and used only for the purpose of administering the competition in accordance with the competition Terms and Conditions. The Terms and Conditions are the legal basis for the Promoter's processing. If you do not provide your personal data, the Promote cannot process your competition entry and cannot notify you if you are successful.
31. The Promoter will not disclose or share your information with any third party other than those who are engaged by the Promoter to administer the competition. Your information may be sent to countries outside of the European Economic Area where the Promoter's (or its third parties') processing equipment is located in another country but the Promoter ensures that any transfer happens in accordance with the law.
32. Entrants have various rights with regard to their personal data which the Promoter holds about them:
(a) a right to request a copy of that information;
(b) a right to require that the Promoter erases your information (but note that this will automatically remove your entry from the competition); and
(c) a right to amend your information.
To exercise any of these rights, please write to the Legal Department, Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited, Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, MK14 5AN. You will need to make your request in writing, specifying the action that you want the Promoter to take and enclose proof of your identity.
33. If you believe that the Promoter is not treating your personal data in accordance with the law, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner's Office. You can find more details at their website https://ico.org.uk/.