This section contains information about our Site and features. It also explains how to access the Site and provides links to our policies. Our policies include those which apply to your use of the Site, and what we do with any personal information we collect as you use the Site.
This section sets out:
- the terms that apply to tools and features on our site; and
- the main terms of sale for our Producst from the AudiStore.
This section explains the contractual process for ordering a Product, prices and delivery arrangements. It also sets out how to amend and cancel an order and our returns terms. Our warranties and limitation of liability to you are also highlighted.
Please note that you will have different rights depending on whether you are acting as a consumer or whether you are acting in the course of a business. Please see below for an explanation of you repsective rights.
(This section applies to physical Products only)
Booking and Changes
The Driving Experience
Mobile Phones and Personal Digital Assistants
Cancelling a Driving Experience.
We provide our own cancellation policy for the Driving Experience, as set out below.
Audi, a trading division of Volkswagen Group United Kingdom Limited (“we”/”us”) are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
This statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your data with anyone else who might. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected partners who help us to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us. For example, the AA who provide roadside assistance on our behalf.
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of any substantial changes.
This version of our Privacy Statement is live from 14th May 2018.
We collect information about you or your vehicle when you use Audi’s websites, applications and our customer service centres. We also obtain information about you or your vehicle from our authorised Audi network. Some of this information does not identify you personally, but provides us with information about how you use our services and engage with us (we use this information to improve our services and make them more useful to you). The information we collect includes some or all of the following:1. Name (including title);
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to:
1. Contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you (don’t worry, we won’t bombard you);
2. Use automatic number plate recognition when you visit our authorised Audi network to alert them to your arrival at their premises.
3. To share your personal information with our recommended third party partners, so that they can contact you with marketing information about their products and services (we will, of course, give you details about these third parties before you give your permission for us to send information to them).
You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
1. To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us (for example: test drives, service requests, brochure requests or information about specific vehicles);
2. To provide vehicle support and services (for example warranty services);
3. To provide service, maintenance and warranty information and reminders, unless you object;
4. To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our website, applications, customer service centre and authorised Audi network are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally);
5. To undertake market analysis and research (including contacting you with customer surveys) so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned in the paragraph below;
6. For product development purposes (for example to improve vehicle quality, performance and safety);
7. In some cases we may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us (including the sharing of your personal information within our group of companies (see details about our group companies for a full list). We collect and analyse this information in this way so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring and making relevant all our service and communications (for example, when your mileage suggests your vehicle is due for a service);
8. To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry, closed your browser with items in your shopping basket or requested a test drive, brochure or other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services (and in ways the law allows), which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time;
9. To send you information on our extended warranty products where you are benefiting from a current Audi warranty and it is about to expire. You have the right to object to us sending this information at any time;
10. To contact you from time to time with marketing information (unless you object) if you have expressly indicated to us that you are acting on behalf of a business or where we have obtained your business contact details from our authorised Audi network or an online or public business directory. In relation to any such information we send by email or SMS, we will include an option allowing you to object to receiving future messages by unsubscribing;
11. To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
13. To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes;
14. To contact you when your local Audi Centre opens, closes or moves premises
15. To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
16. For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
17. To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
18. To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
We do not sell your information to third parties. However, we may from time to time disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf: roadside assistance service providers, customer contact centres, mobility and car hire providers, direct marketing communications agencies and consultants, market research and market analytics service providers, our legal and other professional advisors.
We will also share your information with our authorised Audi network in situations where we need to pass your information to them in order to manage any request or complaint you have made to us. For example, where you have requested a test drive, we will need to share your personal information with your selected authorised Audi Centre so that they can contact you to arrange for the test drive to take place.
We take steps to ensure that any third party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated none specific data sets where ever possible.
Due to the international nature of our business, there may be some instances where your information is processed or stored outside of the EU. In those instances, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law.
There are circumstances where we share your information with our parent (or other companies within our Group) in order to fulfil orders, transactions, handle complaints or provide you with a service or information that you have requested. For example we will share information with Volkswagen Financial Services UK Limited where you enquire about their services through us or where you make a complaint to us and later make the same or similar complaint to them. Volkswagen Financial Services UK Limited may use your information to provide you with information and carry out their obligations arising from contracts you enter into with them. For more information, please see their privacy statement.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer or the registered driver of a leased or other vehicle purchased from us or an authorised dealer), we hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims. Our relationship may end for a number of reasons including where the vehicle warranty or lease expires, or we have been made aware that you no longer own or drive that vehicle.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, test drive, brochure, quotation or any other information on any of our products or services, we hold your personal information for 1 year and 6 months from the date we collect that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you e.g. you purchase or lease a vehicle. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
1) Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
2) Correct and update your information;
3) Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it). Please see further How do we use this information;
4) Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object;
5) Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information;
6) Transfer your information in a structured data file (in a commonly used and machine readable format), where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can exercise the above rights and/or manage your information by contacting us using the details below:
By post: Executive Office, Audi UK, Volkswagen Group United Kingdom, Yeomans Drive, Blakelands, Milton Keynes, MK14 5AN
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By phone: 0800 699 888
If you have any specific data protection concerns or a complaint, you can address it to our Data Protection Team at email@example.com
If you are unhappy, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator in Europe, in particular in a country you work or live or where your legal rights have been infringed. The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Information Commissioner's Office
Call: 0303 123 1113